Saturday, November 06, 2004

Down By the Riverside

Just got back from the River. Didn't dare put my feet in. I just knew it was squeal-worthy cold. Call me crazy! Tomorrow I might try to get my whole self into the water, one last time.

The urge to get in today and squeal and let the very cold water shock me and smooth my vibes, was VERY strong, but I resisted- for today. My husband and I sat on the rocks, warmed by the sun. The waters just flowed around us and by us and even just that close, sitting by it, I felt the River soothe me. Strong energy.

Breezy today, but a nice blue sky and lots of sunshine. Brisk, typical late Autumn day.

Went out to the nearest mall today. The vibe was so edgy, or maybe that was me. The holiday season is being pushed bigtime. The stores are bulging with people and goods. Why can't I find some winter-worthy shoes/boots? My old ones finally leak, so the search is on, without success so far.

Being a parent, I notice parents and children. We went one of those dollar-stores, which are fun to browse through. There was a daddy walking with his little girl, and pushing his toddler in a stroller.

The wee girl called, "Daddy...." and he would reply, "What?", and she would answer, "I love you!" This repeated a time or two, and then the dad began calling her the same way, and she replied, "What?", and he answered, "I love you!" each time...and they went back and forth. You could hear them as they moved through the store.

My husband and I looked at one another and giggled. It felt good to know there was joy happening.

There's alot of anger and pain in the world today. I am thinking of the people trying to get out of Fallujah, but perhaps most of them have found shelter elsewhere. I am thinking about anyone who've lost loved ones in the war. I am thinking of anyone who was hoping for a change in direction for our country.

And I am thinking of a little-known, lengthy and important speech given by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at Riverside Church (NYC?- not sure). I think it's just fascinating how if you replaced all the names of people, places and dates of this speech with Iraq, and other pertinent names and such, you would see our nation's current path is not new.

I have to pray that the 20/20 hindsight that Dr. King provides in this speech, will reveal to us some clue to what may come in the next four years, so that we may begin to perceive and plan accordingly how to approach the tasks and challenges ahead.

Check it:http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/058.html

...I'm gonna lay down my burden,down by the riverside,Down by the riverside, down by the riversideI'm gonna lay down my burden,down by the riverside...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home